Sunday, March 18, 2007

Paint Process

Painting one of my worst past times.
I was able to find a stash of my old acrylic paints, to my surprise some were still usable. As I stated in one of my earlier posts I'm going for a dark black/grayish look for my bear.
Now onto the photos.

Once I painted on the base coat for the bear it started to take form.
The only real difficult part was trying to get into all of the cracks, having a small brush came in handy at this point.


I slowly started giving the bear more colour by making the eye sockets black as well as the nose.
I even tried painting the bears ears a different colour, which ended up looking rather awful in my opinion so I painted over them again.


Back shot of the bear with the ugly ears


Once the ears dried I painted the red broken heart onto the bear. The red paint was rather wishy washey but it ended up giving it an interesting effect.
1/2 Complete W00z!!


After doing a few touch ups here and there I decided that it still needed more detail.
I knew I wasn't going to be able to do this with the paint brush, so at this point I got out my trusty Sharpie. I used it to add details to all the scars, the broken heart, the feet, the nose as well as the sewed up mouth.


A few more photos after the final paint/touch up job.
100%!!






I'm actually quite happy about how the bear came out. Andrew suggested spraying the bear with some sort of spray, to give the bear some texture. I may look into that some time this week.

No comments: