Monday, March 19, 2007

Package Design

From the gecko I had the idea to put my bear into some sort of jail cell.
After much trial and debate I finally found the best way to this..
I was able to purchase a 4x4 transparent box which seemed to fit my bear perfectly, well besides the fact that it has to be on an angle... BUT STILL.


I cut out a 4x4 piece of foam core I had laying around, it worked perfectly as a base for my toy bear.


One I had the base down I jumped into Photoshop to create the bricks and bars for the jail cell. Once I got the measurements down it took minutes. I printed everything out on "mate" paper.
I want to make the box look as appealing as possible so I decided that I would make the brick walls double sided. I simply printed out the bricks twice and glued them together.



I ended up cutting out a few of the bricks to allow more light into the box. I plan to put some sort of information about the toy on the back side of the box (the wall facing the bears back).
This being said I didn't bother to make that brick wall double sided. Once I put together all of the information I'll glue that onto the remaining brick wall.

Last but not least I made the prison door, this was probably the most time consuming process of the entire jail cell. I cut out a bunch of bars that I printed and then I glued them all together using none other then super glue. At this point I was getting rather tired so I slid the black base, 3 brick walls, cell door, and of course the bear into he box.






I will update once I put together the back and the top half of the box.

No comments: