Sunday, April 8, 2007

Skateboard Deck - DONE

After looking at my deck for a while I noticed it was still rather plain and it felt like it was missing something. My sister had the bright idea of adding a sparrow to the image. After looking online for the right type I came up with this photo.



I took the image into illustrator and traced it. Then I imported the image into Photoshop to do some finishing touches. I also added some sort of lines if you will to the background. Here are the final results.



Give or take the final product took me 6 hours from begging to end and I'm rather happy with the results of it.

---UPDATE---

Here are a few images of the final product, once printed and put onto the board.
Taking images was rather hard as the flash would glare rather horribly due to to the glossy print on the deck.
If I was ever to do this again I would definitely not go for the glossy paper, it's way to thick making it very difficult to mount onto the skatedeck.



4 comments:

Mark R. said...

that board is fresh man

im feelin that style

djferens said...

Thanks man,
My only regret was trying to put i on to a deck. Since I got the glossy paper it was nearly impossible to try and get the edges to stick around the edges.

Jordan said...

Hello.

I was wondering how you actually got it onto the deck. Could you tell me what you did. and how you did it. Thanks.

Jordan said...

Hello.

I was wondering how you actually got it onto the deck. Could you tell me what you did. and how you did it. Thanks.